September 30, 2012

Rummage Sales

Had another rummage sale, and got rid of some more stuff that is cluttering up this house. Hopefully there will be another block rummage next year. I am sure as I go through things this winter I will find lots more stuff that I no longer need, or really never liked, from people who are no longer here and won't mind that I am getting rid of it...Someone else may love it. Things are made to be loved, it they are not it is time to find them a new home. Plus I REALLY need the room!

  Since we unloaded a bunch at this last block rummage, I have a couple empty shelves to pack up the stuff for next year. I have found that if I price it as I pack it, it is so much easier. Then when someone decided to do the sale, all I have to do is set up the tables in the garage and unpack the boxes...I can be ready in a matter of hours...

I have also started a few boxes with my kids names on them, as well as the grands...these are things that either belong to them, and will be headed to their houses. Where they can decide if they want to keep those things or not. Or the boxes contains things that are mine that I want them to have.
  I want to write each of my children a letter containing the things I want them to know, like how much I love them...I tell them that whenever I see them, but you can never tell your kids how much you love them, too many times...

I have decided that the only way to really CLEAN this house would be to empty it completely and then just put back the stuff I really need or have room for...but since that would be impossible, you only do that when you move....I will just have to do it room by room. Problem is I have done the room by room thing 3 times now, and there is still stuff I see that could go....I wonder does this stuff breed in the night?
  I need to sit down and think, If I had to move into a one bedroom apartment, what would I take that I just could not live without.....and then get rid of the rest....much easier said than done.
I like to go visit my son's house....they do not have a thing they don't need or use....
But then I wonder how long would it take before I would be in the same position I am now...for no matter what,  I am now, and will forever be, a Packrat!

Sometimes that comes in handy like if you need it and they do not sell it anymore, don't worry I probably have one.......or maybe two......

No comments:

Post a Comment