February 17, 2011

Did a bit more shifting of stuff in my sewing/craft room and came across a box that I vaguely remember from long ago, stuffed way in the back of the closet...in it were pieces of fabric with price tags of 10 cents a yard! I can only imagine how old that stuff is....I probably picked it up on sale, or someone gave it to me when they decided it was not them...One thing I can say it is in the same condition of fabric that I just bought, and it was in a cardboard box...I have heard that keeping fabric in cardboard can make it deteriorate....not so..
Pioneers did not store their fabric is "special" acid free containers, bet they did not store their quilts that way either...Things were used....sometimes I think people get too hung up on how to preserve things and forget they are there to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment